NJ TRANSIT resumes service at Six Flags, American Dream, Monmouth Park
As the summer season begins, NJ TRANSIT announces the return of service to family destinations with the resumption of the NJ TRANSIT bus service to American Dream and Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari and Hurricane Harbor.
Bus service to / from Six Flags and weekend bus service between American Dream and the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) will resume on Saturday, May 29.
Additionally, NJ TRANSIT will resume rail service to Monmouth Park on Friday May 28th. NJ TRANSIT also offers convenient service to popular beach destinations and offers special beach packages that include admissions and transportation to select beaches.
For those wishing to visit American Dream, an hourly bus service on Saturdays / Sundays / public holidays from Gate 305 of the Port Bus Station (PABT) on line # 355 will be available from Saturday May 29, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The return service to PABT is also open every hour from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. This service will only work on weekends and holidays. For more information, visit njtransit.com/americandream.
Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari or Hurricane Harbor
It’s easy and affordable for thrill seekers to have fun at Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari or Hurricane Harbor.
Families planning a visit to the park in 2021 can save money and enjoy a relaxing walk by taking advantage of NJ TRANSIT’s discounted travel packages for the express bus service.
Savings are available throughout the season for bus customers using the # 308 line to and from the park. # 308 operates between the New York Port Authority bus terminal and Six Flags, with an intermediate stop at Newark Penn Station.
For details on pricing for services and packages, visit njtransit.com/sixflags.
North Jersey Coast Line trains will resume their stops at Monmouth Park when the track opens for live racing starting Friday, May 28.
Customers can connect with North Jersey Coast Line trains from most rail lines. Details are available at njtransit.com/monmouthpark.
With Memorial Day marking the ‘unofficial’ start of the summer recreation season, now is the perfect time for customers to take advantage of NJ TRANSIT services to various destinations including Jersey Shore, Atlantic City, New York City, Philadelphia , Camden Aquarium and Liberty Science Center:
- Beach Packages: Board an NJ TRANSIT train anywhere except Atlantic City Rail Line stations and save up to $ 6.50 on admission to Asbury Park beaches or from Ocean Grove by purchasing a round-trip train ticket and a discounted beach pass for a price at the NJ TRANSIT ticket vending machines (choose “Beach Package”) or ticket counters. Visit njtransit.com/shore for more information.
- Liberty Science Center: Save $ 5 on admission when you travel
NJ TRANSIT and show your ticket, pass or receipt at Liberty Science Center. General admission passes include most exhibitions, science shows, and laboratories. Visit njtransit.com/summer for more information on NJ TRANSIT’s summer travel deals.
On weekends, children travel for free on NJ TRANSIT
Every weekend, families using NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family SuperSaver fare, which allows two children aged 11 and under to travel for free with each paying adult.
For Memorial Day weekend, the program will be extended and in effect from 7 p.m. on Friday, May 28 until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, June 1. For more information, visit njtransit.com/family.
NJ TRANSIT customers are now earning benefits and saving money at local businesses through NJT REWARDS, the new pilot free rewards program.
Customers can join the program through the NJ TRANSIT mobile app and start earning points, which can be redeemed for offers at participating local stores, restaurants and attractions as well as participating national chains.
NJT REWARDS is designed to support businesses statewide and interested businesses can join the program at njtrewards.com/partner.
- Check timetables in advance: plan your trip online to save time.
- Allow extra travel time: Traffic jams during the long holiday weekend can affect bus travel times, especially on routes using the Garden State Parkway down the shore, so customers should plan accordingly.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip to speed up your return. Use the MyTix function on the NJ TRANSIT mobile app. Bus customers departing from the Port Authority bus terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Luggage: Travel as light as possible. Passengers with baggage or packages must use the hanging lockers or the baggage spaces. On multi-level trains, customers with large bags should use the mezzanine levels at the ends of each car.
- Mobile app: Customers are encouraged to download or update the